2018-2019 HYPE Application
Lubbock HYPE (Helping Youth Purposefully Engage) is an exciting eight-month program by the Volunteer Center of Lubbock designed to develop emerging young leaders from different backgrounds and school experiences. To graduate from Lubbock HYPE, participants are required to attend every monthly all-day session from September through April in order to receive the full benefit of the leadership training offered. School attendance credit is granted for each all-day session attended. In order to remain in the program, a maximum limit of two absences is allowed. Please note dates that attendance is mandatory.
Lubbock HYPE 2018-2019 Schedule
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 – Orientation 7 p.m.*
Wednesday, September 26, 2018*
Wednesday, October 10, 2018*
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
May 2019 (exact date TBA) – Celebration of Service Luncheon 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.*
The schedule is subject to change
• Be a high school junior for the 2018-2019 academic year
• Be able to ensure transportation to one predetermined central drop-off site
• Be in good academic standing
• Have the desire to be a leader on your campus and in the community
• Be dependable and committed
• Exhibit a willingness to learn
• Exhibit energy and enthusiasm
This program is made possible through generous funds from United Supermarkets and the Helen Jones Foundation.
Please print this form and submit to your school counselor.