Giving Tuesday LBK
With the season of giving in full swing, this year’s #GivingTuesdayLBK campaign has launched thanks to the help of the Community Foundation of West Texas and the Alstrom Angels. With a goal of $275,000, Lubbock nonprofits are raising money to give back to the community in a big way. Through November 28th, we will be raisnig money as part of our #GivingTuesdayLBK campaign. To donate, visit our campaign page here.
Your contribution to the Volunteer Center of Lubbock helps in a real way. In 2016 the Volunteer Center:
- Engaged with 41,302 people
- 20,415 adults engaged in 51,107.77 hours of service
- 19,208 youth reported 257,028.99 hours of service
- Had 1,008 adults participating in Transformative Leadership programs, workshops, and consultations receiving 3,506.05 hours of training
- 711 youth received 2,321.5 hours of leadership training
- Partnered with 140 nonprofit agencies, 40 area schools, and 47 local businesses
To learn more about the history of Giving Tuesday and to find other participating nonprofits, visit the Giving Tuesday website here. To join the conversation, join Twitter in posting your unselfies with the hashtags #UNselfie, #GivingTuesdayLBK #LBKGivesBig and #ChangeTheWorld.