Giving Tuesday LBK
With the season of giving in full swing, this year’s #GivingTuesdayLBK campaign has launched thanks to the help of the Community Foundation of West Texas and the Alstrom Angels. Lubbock nonprofits are raising money to give back to the community in a big way. November 1st through November 27th, we will be raising money as part of our #GivingTuesdayLBK campaign. To donate, visit our campaign page here.
Your contribution to the Volunteer Center of Lubbock helps in a real way. In 2017 the Volunteer Center:
- Engaged with 40,650 people
- Had 2,387 active members on our website
- In 2016-2017 school year, 19,101 students in 40 area schools served 314,389 hours.
- Had 1,839 adults participating in Transformative Leadership programs, workshops, and consultations receiving 3,060.5 hours of training
- Partnered with 122 nonprofit agencies, 40 area schools, and 54 local businesses
This Giving Tuesday, our focus will be family volunteering. We need YOUR help to fund our 17 From the Heart volunteering events in 2019. $500 completely underwrites one From the Heart event. With your help, we can continue to gather volunteers and help our community. We can continue to inspire a more engaged community by helping people find their purpose and act on it.
To learn more about the history of Giving Tuesday and to find other participating nonprofits, visit the Giving Tuesday website here. To join the conversation, join Twitter in posting your unselfies with the hashtags #UNselfie, #GivingTuesdayLBK #LBKGivesBig and #ChangeTheWorld. Click here to download a template!