- Engaged with 40,650 people in 2017.
- 2,387 active users on our website.
- In 2016-2017 school year, 19,101 students in 40 area schools served 314,389 hours.
- 1,839 participants in Transformative Leadership programs, workshops, and consultations received 3,060.5 hours of training in 2017.
- In 2017, we partnered with 122 nonprofit agencies, 40 area schools, and 54 local businesses.
“The more and more you volunteer, the more you recognize the power your actions have, that develops into the idea that your actions can make a difference in the world and you should continue doing that.” – Catherine Latour, Washington and Lee University student, Former VCL Board Member and United Way Youth Division Member
“I am elated that I got involved when I did, and I am most appreciative that you all have supported me through many of the Volunteer Center programs.” – Laura Thomas, leadership program participant
“The Volunteer Center drives us to reach out in the community and not be passive. The resources they provide to find appropriate opportunities are great! In addition to volunteering, our students also gain valuable leadership skills.” – Tana Askins, School Sponsor, Evans Middle School
“Our relationship with the Volunteer Center has been the most beneficial partnership we have on the local level. Volunteers have been able to find opportunities to help the prison, both onsite and remotely, and the impact of this assistance has made a sizable difference for the patients and staff alike.” – Rebecca Ramirez, TTUHSC Montford Prison Unit, Agency Partner
“This [partnership] is awesome! As glad as y’all are for our help [with volunteer projects], we are equally excited to be part of it! We are looking forward to these upcoming events. Thank y’all so much!” – Carlos Rodriguez, Assistant Store Manager, Kohl’s